Valentine's Day is just around the corner and what lovelier way to get in the spirit of the season than with a Valentine's Day gallery wall!
A quick and easy way to update your home décor, download our FREE printable gallery wall art and then read on to find out how to install your beautiful gallery wall without damaging the walls!
Here's what you'll need
- Three A4 photo frames
- Our free printable gallery wall art (hearts & XOXO)
- VELCRO® Brand HANGables® Picture Hanging Strips (12 sets)
Top tips before you start hanging your gallery wall
- Use a spirit level. There's nothing worse than hanging your gallery wall art, only to step back and realise that it's wonky. Avoid this by using a spirit level and pencil to mark a faint line on the wall where you want your pictures to hang.
- Plan your layout. We're providing the free printable gallery wall art but the layout of your picture wall is totally up to you! We'd recommend experimenting with different layouts by laying your frames out on the floor before you hang anything on the wall.
What to do
1. Download our gallery wall art
Start by downloading our free printable Valentine's Day gallery wall art (we have a hearts & XOXO design). This pack includes three free prints but always remember that you can tailor your gallery wall to your own tastes and preferences - you can use more or less pictures depending on the look you want to go for and how much wall space you have to fill.
2. Choose your frames
Next, choose your frames! You could go for a uniform look with three picture frames that are all the same shape and size or mix and match different styles! It's totally up to you.
3. Plan your gallery wall layout
Now, before you hang you hang anything on the wall, it's really important to plan your gallery wall layout! Here are a couple of things to bear in mind:
- Height - we'd recommend hanging your frames at eye level (and remember this will be lower in living and dining rooms where you tend to be sat down)
- Layout - do you want a uniform, symmetrical layout? Or a more abstract, haphazard look?
4. Hang your Valentine's Day gallery wall!
Once you've got your prints and planned your layout, all that's left is to hang your gallery wall art... And we'll let you in on a little secret. You don't need to use nails or hooks, making this gallery wall idea perfect for renters!
We'd recommend using VELCRO® Brand HANGables® Picture Hanging Strips that are removable and peel off easily (without leaving any damage) when you want to take your picture frames down.
You'll need four sets of picture hanging strips per picture frame to hang your gallery wall without nails. And they're super quick and easy to use!
Stick one set in each corner of the frame, rub for 30 seconds and then press the frame firmly against the wall. Slide the frame up and off the wall, and then leave the picture hanging strips for one hour while the adhesive bonds with the wall.
And that's how easy it is to make a beautiful Valentine's Day gallery wall!
Picture hanging strips are SO much easier to use than nails and your frames will get a nice flush finish against the wall!
Tag us in a photo of your gallery wall on Instagram if you use any of our free printable artwork - we're @VELCROBRANDUK! Or stay on our blog for more picture hanging ideas:
- How to Hang a Stylish Gallery Wall in 6 Easy Steps
- How to Make a Heart Photo Wall for Your Instagram Pics
- How to Hang a Picture Without Nails