We love looking for cute new ways to display Instagram prints - and with so many gallery wall ideas to choose from, it can be hard to settle on the perfect layout!
So to help you in your search for the ideal Instagram gallery wall layout, today we're going to show you how to recreate one of our favourites - a heart photo wall!
This photo gallery wall is super quick and easy to put together, and a fantastic way to transform a blank wall. And to make it renter-friendly, we're going to use VELCRO® Brand HANGables® Picture Hanging Squares that are perfect for hanging lightweight photos and posters without damaging the walls. Take a look and let us know if you have a go at recreating it!
Here's what you'll need
- A selection of your favourite Instagram prints (to recreate this exact collage, you'll need 19 photos but you can make yours larger or smaller depending on how much wall space you have available)
- VELCRO® Brand HANGables® Picture Hanging Squares (they come in packs of 8 or 16 sets and you'll need one set per photo).
Top gallery wall tips before you start
- Plan your layout on the floor. When you're making a heart shaped photo wall, it can be hard to get the layout right first time. So test your layout by laying your photos in formation on the floor before you commit sticking them on the wall.
- Use removable picture hanging strips. Avoid putting holes in the wall or leaving tack marks by using picture hanging strips that peel off without leaving any damage.
- Start in the middle. To make sure your heart shaped photo collage is symmetrical, stick the middle photos up first and work outwards.
What to do
1. Print your photos & plan your layout
First things first, decide which photos you want to include in your Instagram gallery wall and print them out. For this exact layout, you'll need 19 photos but we'd recommend printing a couple more than you need so you have options.
We chose to print our pics in a retro Polaroid style and print them all the same size but feel free to make your heart gallery wall unique by experimenting with different sized/shaped photos. Plan your layout by laying your photos out on the floor in formation.
2. Attach your photos to the wall
Now to assemble your picture gallery wall! To stick your photos in a heart shape on the wall, you'll need five columns of three photos and two columns of two. We'd recommend sticking the middle column up first and working outwards - this is the easiest way to make sure your photo heart is symmetrical.
To attach your photos to the wall, stick a set of VELCRO® Brand HANGables® Picture Hanging Squares to the back of each photo and press it firmly to the wall.
3. Check and adjust
Last but not least, step back to make sure your heart shaped photo wall is straight and make any adjustments that you need to. The beauty of using picture hanging strips is that they're easy to peel off and re-position if you don't get the layout right first time!
And that's it! Let us know if you have a go at making your own heart shaped photo wall display with VELCRO® Brand HANGables® Picture Hanging Squares! Or stay on our blog for even more photo gallery wall ideas.
- How to Create a Stylish Gallery Wall in 6 Easy Steps
- How to Hang a Picture Without Nails
- How to Hang a Photo Gallery Along a Staircase