So you've bought a shiny new house number and you're ready to attach it to your house... But you're hesitant about drilling into the brick.
Don't worry, there is another way to do it.
Drilling into brick risks structural damage (especially if you don't know what you're doing) so read on to find out how to attach house numbers to brick with adhesive mounting tape. A much quicker and easier option that's just as secure.
Attaching house numbers to brick - what to use
The easiest way to attach house numbers to brick without drilling is to use strong, self-adhesive mounting tape.
We're all for simplifying complicated DIY tasks so we'd recommend FIX-PRO® Outdoor Mounting Tape - it's strong, durable and easy to use so you'll have the job done in no time. Much easier than drilling, which can be a time-consuming task if things go wrong!
Attaching house numbers to brick - what to do
1. Take a pack of FIX-PRO® Outdoor Mounting Tape and cut a piece to size.
2. Stick the tape to the back of the house number and press it down firmly.
3. Peel off the backing plastic.
4. Press the house number firmly against the brick to secure it in place.
Let us know if you have a go at this alternative method of fixing house numbers to brick (we're sure you'll find it much easier and quicker!) For more time-saving DIY tips, stay on our blog:
- 7 Time-Saving DIY Tips That Every Home Owner Needs
- How to Hang a Picture Without Nails
- How to Mount Bathroom Accessories on Tiles Without Drilling