When you're trying to get to sleep, there's nothing more bothersome than light peeking through the curtains, keeping you awake!
Whether it's sunlight or the light from a street lamp outside your bedroom window, it can be mighty annoying when you're trying to fall asleep.
Luckily, there is an easy solution. Read on or watch this video (as featured on Buzzfeed Nifty) to find out how to make blackout curtains with VELCRO® Brand Heavy Duty Tape.
How to make blackout curtains - step-by-step
Follow these five easy steps to learn how to add blackout lining to curtains without sewing. A cheap way to blackout your windows without buying new curtains!
1. Lay your curtains flat on the floor.
2. Take a pack of VELCRO® Brand Heavy Duty Tape.
3. Stick strips of tape along the top and bottom edges of your curtain.
4. Peel off the backing paper.
5. Attach blackout material and press down firmly.
And that's it! Let us know if you have a go at making your own blackout curtains and stay on our blog for more clever ways to use hook and loop tape!
- How to Make a DIY Spice Rack
- Top 10 Time-Saving Home DIY Tips
- How to Mount Bathroom Accessories on Tiles Without Drilling