A wall-mounted spice rack is the perfect way to save space in your kitchen and make sure you always have herbs and spices to hand while you're cooking.
In fact, when we wrote about insanely easy kitchen organisation hacks, a DIY spice rack for your kitchen wall was one of our favourite organisation ideas!
We'd recommend using VELCRO® Brand Heavy Duty Coins so there's no nails, screws or drilling involved. Read on to find out what to do.
How to Make a DIY Spice Rack For Your Kitchen Wall
What you need
- A pack of VELCRO® Brand Heavy Duty Coins
- Herb/spice pots (preferably matching for a more stylish look!)
- Spirit level, ruler and pencil
What to do
1. Start by preparing the wall - wipe it with a damp cloth to remove any dust, dirt or grime. VELCRO® Brand Heavy Duty Coins stick to a range of surfaces including plasterboard walls, tiles, metal and wood so you have the flexibility to mount your DIY spice rack wherever you want in your kitchen.
2. Next, take a spirit level, a ruler and a pencil and roughly mark out where you want to stick each herb pot. You can wing it but the adhesive on the back of VELCRO® Brand Heavy Duty Coins is very strong so it's easier to get the pots in the right position the first time around!
3. Next, take a pack of VELCRO® Brand Heavy Duty Coins and stick one half of each coin to the wall.
4. Then stick the other half of each coin to a herb pot.
5. Last but not least, stick all your herb pots to the wall where they'll be stuck securely on your DIY spice rack until you need them!
And that's it! Tag @VELCROBrandUK on Instagram if you have a go at making this cheap DIY spice rack yourself! And stay on our blog for more easy home DIY ideas!
- 7 Time-Saving DIY Tips That Every Home Owner Needs
- How to Create a Stylish Gallery Wall in 6 Easy Steps
- How to Mount Bathroom Accessories on Tiles Without Drilling