Looking for a fun way to keep your kids entertained in the summer holidays?
How about having a go at making this DIY noughts and crosses game?
It’s a great way to keep your little ones occupied (in fact, any age can play) and it’s completely re-usable so once you’ve finished playing, you can store it away for a rainy day. We’ve even thrown in a free printable noughts and crosses grid to make it a really cheap summer holiday activity. Let’s get started!
Free printable noughts and crosses game (tic tac toe)
What you need
- Our free printable noughts and crosses grid
- VELCRO® Brand Dots
- Small piece of red cardboard
- Red piece of blue cardboard
- Black marker pen
How to play
Start by downloading and printing a free noughts and crosses template.
Then take a packet of VELCRO® Brand Dots and stick one half of a coin on each square on the grid.
Then take some red and blue cardboard, and cut out five noughts and five crosses.
Stick the other halves of your VELCRO® Brand Dots and stick one on each nought and cross.
Now you’re ready to play!
The aim of the game is to get three noughts or three crosses in a row (horizontally, vertically or diagonally). Take it in turns to put a piece down and when someone gets three in a row, peel them all off and start again!
How to win noughts and crosses
Do you take your noughts and crosses games seriously? Then here are a few tips to help you win at tic tac toe!
- Always think a couple of moves ahead
- Put your first piece in a corner (if the other player puts their piece anywhere other than the middle, you’re in for a win)
- If you’re playing second and the first player takes the centre square, put your first piece on a corner.
And that’s it! We hope you have fun playing our free noughts and crosses game! Stay on our blog to discover more great ways to use VELCRO® Brand products.