Do you struggle to keep your desk tidy? Is there so much clutter that you find yourself unfocused and unable to find things you need?
Well we're here to help! Read on for our top desk organisation tips - from tidying your desktop to organising your desk drawers, use these tips to create a neat, tidy and productive workspace.
Desktop organisation tips
- To keep your office desktop as organised as possible, only keep absolutely essential items on the desktop itself.
- Limit the office supplies on your desk to the ones you use every day. Keep everything else in a drawer or cupboard.
- Position your computer screen at eye-level and an arm's length away from your body.
- Keep your phone on your dominant side to avoid reaching across your body to answer calls.
- Tidy up before you leave for the day - this will prevent desktop clutter building up over time.
Desk drawer organisation tips
- Desk drawers harbour unwanted clutter so take everything out and get rid of anything you don't need or don't use.
- Use desk drawer dividers to create compartments for different items.
- Wrap up any loose cables with VELCRO® Brand ONE-WRAP® Reusable Ties - this way, your cables will take up much less space and be much easier to find when you need them.
- Organise your office desk drawers by the items you use most to least. Keep the items that you use most often (pens, staplers, paperclips, etc) at the front, near to your dominant hand.
Under the desk cable organisation tips
Under the desk can harbour just as much mess as the worktop - particularly where computer cables and extension leads are concerned. Use these tips to reduce under the desk clutter.
- Stick extension leads to the underside of the desk with VELCRO® Brand Heavy Duty Tape.
- Fasten loose cables to the legs of the desk with VELCRO® Brand ONE-WRAP® Reusable Ties.
Let us know if you have any of your own desk organisation tips in the comments! Or stay on our blog for more organising tips using VELCRO® Brand products!
- How to De-Clutter Your Home Room by Room
- 5 Insanely Easy Kitchen Organisation Hacks
- Easy Overhead Storage Ideas for Your Garage